Professional rodent control may be more important than you think. According to a study from UC Davis, titled Pests of Homes, Structures, People and Pets: House Mouse, “Mice can transmit pathogens that cause diseases such as salmonellosis, a form of food poisoning.” Many people fail to invest in rodent removal services, though, because they either think they can do it themselves or they think it isn’t that big of a problem. Perhaps, they even think their cat will handle it for them. Even if your cat or mouse trap catches a few rodents, though, there’s always more where they came from. Just consider the facts about mice and other rodents, and why you should have a rodent control service provider in mind in case you should ever need them. The Facts about Seemingly “Harmless” Rodents
Some people are scared of mice, some think they’re harmless, and some even think they’re kinda cute. Most people underestimate their dangers, though, regardless of any of the above factors. Rodents are actually the most prevalent of all pest problems, but yet rodent control is not the necessarily the most popular of all pest control services. Mice can be just as dangerous as termites, though, or perhaps even more so. These are just a few of the dangers:
- Some people are deathly afraid of mice. Why subject your family members and other loved ones to that?
- Visitors who see a mouse in a home or place of business are unlikely to return, especially if food is served there. A very good reason to invest in rodent control services.
- Rodents such as mice and rats can carry diseases with them. Rats were actually responsible for spreading the plague.
- Even if no one in your home actually comes in physical contact with a mouse or other rodent, their droppings can still spread disease, especially to children who are closer to the floor and more curious.
- Mice and other rodents might damage or even destroy your personal property, such as clothing, books, records, and other precious valuables and irreplaceable belongings.
The Only Logical Solution
If you’ve seen one rodent, there are sure to be many more in hiding. Rodent infestations can become huge problems virtually overnight. After considering the above dangers, it should be clear to see that the only answer to such an infestation is professional rodent control. Temecula home and business owners are safest when their environments are free from these disease-carrying nuisances.