Cold Weather Pests
Just because there is a chill in the air and no Summer Sun there are still Pests to be concerned about. While the heat brings more of the flying Pests such as Bees and Mosquitoes the Winter Season has us looking down at Mice, Spiders and Cockroaches. Winter Pests are something to avoid while Mice carry diseases, Spiders bite, and Cockroaches can trigger asthma and allergies. We share this Earth with Insects and Rodents but we do not have to share our home with them as well. Calling a local Pest Control Professional would be a positive reassuring way to help rid your home of any existing Winter Pests however, there are many things you can do in or around your home to keep the Pests from taking over.
Winter Pest Prevention Tips:
- Seal any cracks in and around your home. Check where pipes enter the home, Mice can fit through a space as small as a dime.
- Keep storage units, garages and closets clutter free.
- Repair damaged screens in windows and sliding doors.
- Keep crawl spaces, basements and attics well ventilated and dry.
- Eliminate any leaking pipes and clogged drains, these can be places of moisture which are favorited by Cockroaches.
- Screen the chimney.
- Store food in air tight containers.
- Throw out trash regularly.