Summer Pests and Prevention
With the sun and fun summer also brings pests. Pests can be a burden to your family picnic and can over run your home, IF you allow them to. There are things that you can do to help prevent them from taking over. I have put together a list of the 5 most common summer pests and ways to keep them at bay.
- Eliminate standing water sources such as; pet water dishes, bird baths, fountains and any toys that may collect water - Mosquitoes lay their eggs in standing water.
- Eliminate food sources
- Seal any crack in and around your home
- Do not leave pet food out
- Frequently take out trash
- Keep pets up to date on preventative flea medication
- Give pets baths frequently
- Vacuum often
- Keep a clean home
- Check boxes and newspapers before bringing them into your home
- Keep doors and windows closed or install a screen
- Take out trash frequently
- Seal any open food items
These all seem to be simple enough tasks to do but no matter what tactics you take to try to keep the summer pests at bay it doesn't always work. For the ones that just wont leave you and your home alone give Black Knight Pest Control a call. A Black Knight Professional can come to your home and answer any questions you may have, offer you a free quote and if you would like to start up service that day, he can do that for you too. Don't wait for the summer pest population to grow stop them in there tracks.