It's that time again, with the cooler weather brings Rodent Season. That's right, your not the only one wanting to head inside after a chilly day, Rats are also wanting to get into your warm and cozy home. I am sure they are one guest you are not in a hurry to let in from the cold. If you do see one creeping through your house or maybe you have heard that scatter of footprints coming from your attic but you do not dare to look you may want to call a Pest Control Professional before it's too late and you are over run by these pests. The more time that passes the more time they have to breed and that doesn't take long at all for Rats, usually only 22 days at that. Interesting isn't it? Only 22 days. There are other facts that you may not know about Rats, for that I have created a list of some top facts that I found interesting. Still doesn't mean I want them in my house!
- Rats can start breeding at 5 weeks of age.
- With out companionship rats become lonely and depressed.
- A rat can go longer than a camel without having a drink of water.
- An adult rat can fit through a hole as small as a quarter.
- Rats are clean animals, cleaner than cats!
- Rats have very poor eyesight and are colorblind.
- Each year a rats' front teeth grow 4 1/2 to 5 1/2.
- A female rat can mate as many as 500 times with various males.
- A rat can survive being flushed down the toilet.
What did you learn by reading these amazing rat facts? Perhaps that they breed quickly and often? Or could it be that they are extremely resilient animals, not even a toilet flush could kill them.