Mosquito season is here, it is important that you take a look around your home to identify if there are any areas in which mosquitos may be harboring. I have created a list of places you will want to identify and correct an issue if there is one.
- Gutters - Remove leaves and debris
- Kids pool and bird bath - Do not allow water to stand for long periods of time and frequently change water
- Buckets - Remove water collecting in buckets
- Trash Cans - Insure trash cans are tightly sealed
- Leaky pipes - Repair any leaky pipes
- Ponds and swimming pools - Keep swimming pools and ponds clean and treated regularly
As you can tell after reading the provided list that the main thing you will want to do is eliminate any standing water. Mosquitos prefer to lay their eggs in stagnant water. While eliminating standing water will not completely rid a mosquito situation if there is one it will defiantly have a drastic impact on decreasing the amount of active mosquitos.