The house fly is the most common fly with an expected life span of less than a month. They typically stay within 1-2 miles from where they were born, and the batches of eggs are usually in groups of 100 or more. Flies are only able to feed on liquids but can turn a solid into a liquid. A single house fly can carry over 100 different diseases for this reason along with the annoying factor we do not want them flying around us, or our homes. There are some things that can be done in your home to help keep them away.
- Darken the house, close blinds, flies are attracted to light
- Keep pet food covered as much as possible
- Shut windows
- Repair torn blinds
- Cover trash can
- Keep kitchen counter tops clean
- Throw away rotten food/ fruit, flies can lay eggs on spoiled fruit
- Spray them with Windex, this will dampen their wings and make it easier for you to swat
If you find that all your attempts are failing give Black Knight Pest Control a call and we have several things that we can do to help you with your house fly invasion. A quote is always free so call today and stop the buzzing !