When it comes to termite control, Fallbrook homeowners in San Diego County are often not as well informed as they could be. It’s important to understand the most serious potential risks to your home, property and family, though. Since termites could potentially pose a risk to all three, it’s a good idea to learn a little more about these critters and the best related methods of pest control. Fallbrook is a beautiful place to live, especially without the fear of termites, and the more you know the more the less you’ll have to worry about.
The Termite Basics
You don’t need to become an expert on termites to know the risks they pose. Here are some basic facts you should know:
· Drywood and Subterranean Termites are the most common termite types in the U.S.
· Every year termites are responsible for more than $2 billion in damage
· The annual damage from termites is costlier than fire and wind storms combined
· Termites are known for chomping on wood – the foundation of most American homes
· Termites will also chew through cables, linoleum and vinyl
· One termite infestation could potentially cost you thousands of dollars
· Termite droppings around wooden items, hollow foundations, mud tubes underneath or around your home, and swarms of “flying ants” are all signs of termite infestations
· If undetected, a termite infestation could compromise the foundation of your home and put everyone inside at risk
What You Can Do to Tackle Termites
Your first step after detecting termites should be to call in a professional company that specializes in pest control. Homeowners can also call on Black Knight Termite & Pest Control to provide an array of related pest control services. This is highly convenient if your home has become a residence for a variety of other creepy critters and you also need services such as spider control. San Diego County residents can take care of all their pest control problems with one service provider. If termites are your only problem, though, you can avail of a Termite Control Service Contract that will keep your home protected from these damaging insects year-round. These contracts include yearly inspections and safe, effective treatment for Drywood, Dampwood and Subterranean Termites.
To learn more about your termite control options, contact Black Knight today.